On the 4th September the West Yorkshire Combined Authority (WYCA) received a report to agree that the devolved AEB commissioning could commence on the 1st October 2020 to ensure timelines were hit for delivery for the next academic year.
Following the consultation on the AEB Strategy the five priorities tested and confirmed which are expected to feature heavily in the AEB procurement activity. These are:
• To increase the supply of skills to support key sectors in West Yorkshire.
• To improve West Yorkshire’s resilience by identifying and delivering the skills needed for the future.
• To make learning more inclusive to support disadvantaged residents and widen the pool of talent for business.
• To support the unemployed to gain and sustain employment.
• To unlock progression opportunities and career adaptability through skills, particularly for those on low wages and with insecure work.
The impact of covid is also expected to feature as it was raised and discussed as part of the feedback process. It is anticipated that grant holders will need to outline how they will respond to the challenges the pandemic presents in their delivery plan. Covid responsiveness will also be included in the procurement specification and assessed within the tender submissions.
Did you know? Carley Consult have written 27 winning bids in the devolved AEB competition worth £75 million.
If you are interested in bidding for this opportunity and would like more information, please get in touch. If you would like to secure Carley Consult to support you in this application please either email email@example.com or call 01302 361630.