Training – Bid Management & Writing
About the course
Our popular Bid Management and Writing Course has been delivered to over 300 industry practitioners. This includes open courses, as well as in-house training for clients including Serco, Ingeus, Working Links, Learndirect, ESG (now part of Interserve), Nacro, and Barnardo’s.
The course addresses best practice bid management and writing techniques, applying these in the specific context of the employability and skills sector. The course is delivered by bid writers with a proven record of success in winning tenders with DWP, the SFA, and similar funders.
The course combines presentations, discussion and practical exercises through which core learning objectives are achieved. The course has the added bonus of having been endorsed by the Institute of Employability Practitioners (IEP).
Who will the course benefit?
The course is aimed at anybody with a business development or bid writing role for welfare-to-work and work-based-learning programmes. This may include practitioners from independent providers, charities, Further Education Colleges, local authorities, Community Rehabilitation Companies, and social housing providers.
The course is suitable for those who are relatively new to bid writing, as well as for more experienced practitioners looking to refresh core skills and pick up new ideas. It is particularly well suited for Business Development Managers, Bid Writers, Funding Managers, and those people in more operational and financial roles who still contribute to the proposal process.
- Setting a strategy to win
- Managing the tender pipeline
- Procurement rules and terminology
- Making effective bid / no bid decisions
- Supply chain factors in the bid process
- Understanding what funders want
- Bid management roles and responsibilities
- Developing a value proposition
- Bid structure and storyboarding techniques
- Writing techniques, hints and tips
- Financial considerations and price
- Final checks and effective proof reading
"The email tracker is clear and very easy to quickly browse thanks to providing only the key information that helps us make a quick initial decision"Laura Birchenough, SOVA