37 hours per week | South West England/We offer a competitive package
Pluss is an award-winning Social Enterprise that supports thousands of people with disabilities and other disadvantages to move towards and into employment each year. With a track record spanning over 45 years, today we employ over 470 staff, have a turnover of £21m and deliver a range of nationally and locally procured employment programmes on behalf of the Department of Work and Pensions, ESF, Big Lottery Fund, Local Authorities and the NHS. We also have our own commercial manufacturing operations in Plymouth and Barnstaple that offer employment support directly. We are seeking an energetic, collaborative individual to support our significant planned growth. Our vision is simple: to inspire people of all abilities to achieve a career.
As Chief Operations Officer, you will report to the Chief Executive as part of our leadership team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and managing teams to deliver outstanding performance (contractual and quality) in all Pluss’ operations in order to meet all contractual/service KPIs & standards.
- Managing and developing supply chain partners in order to deliver a full service solution to commissioners and business to business customers
- Building and developing trusted relationships with lead commissioners and key strategic partners/stakeholders to form partnerships that will enhance our profile, inform our service offer and ensure that delivery fully meets requirements.
- Working closely with the Chief Executive and leadership team colleagues to identify, manage and secure new commercial opportunities, partnerships and joint ventures.
- Ensuring that our non-executives and external funders receive accurate and timely business information and that we are compliant and managing risk effectively.
- Playing a strong corporate leadership role within the organisation, engaging widely with staff and stakeholders.
To succeed, you will need to have demonstrable senior-level operational experience of developing and managing high-performing operational teams – ideally with previous experience at Director level in a contracted services environment. You will have broad corporate management exposure and be an inspiring, visible leader who is capable of fostering a strong culture of standards, performance and accountability. We have a small leadership team of four and you will therefore have an opportunity for significant impact within this whilst upholding Pluss’ Visions and Values. Finally, we’ll be looking for you to bring a strong sense of social purpose and passion for the work we do.
In return, we offer you a broad and rewarding role in a sector where you can make a very tangible, inspiring and positive difference to the lives of people with whom we work. If you wish to apply, please follow this link: https://www.networxrecruitment.com/Jobs/Advert/892030
Deadline for applications: 11/08/2017